Saturday, February 21, 2009

Paper Paper everywhere

As a printer, I see a lot of different kinds of paper, and I love it! Maybe it's just me, but when I receive something in the mail, I respond more favorably to a better quality of paper.

Of course if it is TOO good, and they are soliciting donations, then I have a negative reaction, but I am also leery of something that looks too unprofessional.

Good quality paper from a business shouts success to me. It tells me they are a quality organization that has a true vision of their goals. However, knowing paper, if it is the very most expensive of paper, I don't figure I can afford their services!

On the other hand, something sent to me on a cheap copy paper screams "amateur" to me. I usually steer clear of these companies because they appear to be doing everything "on the cheap" so I feel they might do my job the same way. Of course this is also a marketing opportunity for me.

Non-profits have a much more difficult time. They must walk a tightrope of looking professional and not appearing too slick. They need a piece that is attractive enough to receive at least a glance, but not so fancy that the receiver feels they are wastrels. Again, something on cheap paper that looks like it has been copied for the 100th time (your know...crooked, running off the edge, skewed...) scares me. This piece ends up in the trash can immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment