Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Year... New Blog... New Website

I am ready to start this new decade with a new attitude - especially as it applies to marketing, both for me and for you. Over the past year I have been reading, studying, surfing, tweeting and linking to all sorts of great people in the field of marketing. Now it's time to put some of those lessons into practice - for both of us. After all, if you look good and get more business...I should too!

One of my first accomplishments was to rough out a 1 page business/marketing plan for the year. I got some basics on this from Maria Marsala at http://www.businessandmarketingplan.com/. I plan on taking some of her seminars this year. Find someone you feel fits your style and follow them. You don't always have to pay for their information...just follow them on LinkedIn or Twitter and pick and choose the seminars you feel would really benefit you - then pay for those.

This whole year all of MY marketing efforts will focus on YOUR marketing. And while we are at it, I think the biggest lesson I learned this year is that EVERYTHING is related to marketing! From planning my day to the processes we use in our shop to the way we answer the phone, and even our "on-hold" opportunities.

So over the course of this year, you will see lots of changes.


  • I plan on blogging at least once per week. The first week will center on general marketing issues, week 2 on Microsoft Publisher (and other programs), week 3 on preparing for the upcoming month, and week 4 on general topics - hopefully suggested by you.


  • On Mondays, I will have a Tweetbit..maybe a special or maybe a really hot marketing tip. So be sure to sign up to follow me - I promise, I won't tell you when I'm going to lunch!


  • Our web site will be constantly updated to reflect everything we do - I'll Tweet that as its completed too!


  • Continue our bi-weekly e-newsletters


  • We now have a discussion board on the web site (accessed from the Home Page). Hopefully we can all share tips, tribulations and triumphs!

I told my family that I wasn't making any resolutions for this year...but it seems like I just did!




No comments:

Post a Comment